HMS TRAFALGAR D77
HMS Trafalgar was a Battle-class destroyer of the Royal Navy. She was named after the Battle of Trafalgar, a decisive British victory over a Franco-Spanish Fleet in 1805. Trafalgar was built by Swan Hunter on the Tyne. She was launched on 12 January 1944 and commissioned on 23 July 1945. Trafalgar, with the rest of the 7th Destroyer Squadron, finally returned to the UK in 1963 where she was decommissioned, and subsequently placed in Reserve at Devonport Dockyard. She was eventually broken up for scrap at Dalmuir arriving there on 8 June 1970.
Showing 1 to 4 of 4 (1 Pages)